What is this?

This is a documentation of the Foam Cabinet. The Foam Cabinet doesn't technically exist physically. I could tell you exactly WHAT it is, but I won't. Just because.

Remember that this isn't literally accurate; most of what is said is symbolic.

But all of this is real. In a way.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

New Reminder

Inside the Foam Cabinet... It's a strange little world. The guy who had a fork over me happened to be holding my hand, not a fork. He was checking my pulse. Go figure.

So I asked him, "How did you get inside the Foam Cabinet?"

"I just looked inside, and the next thing I knew... you were on top of me, unconscious," he replied.

"That's strange. Sorry."

"No big deal. You kept me warm," he smiled. This kid was half on top of me, still holding my wrist. He intertwined his fingers with mine, and did the same to my other hand, pulling me up to a sitting position.

I took a good look at him. He really did look familiar. He was a little difficult to see; it was almost pitch black inside the Foam Cabinet. Whoever he was, he sure did smell good. REALLY good. And he was incredibly warm.

"I recognize you, but I can't put a name to the face..." I mumbled.

He stayed silent, studying my face.

"What is yo--"

He stroked my face gently.

He leaned in closer, his breath closing my eyes and parting my lips.

His hand on my neck, he pulled me to him.

Right as we were about to kiss, I woke up.

It was all a dream.

I got really upset, and ran around anxiously, looking for the Foam Cabinet. It was sitting where it usually does.

I tried to open the Foam Cabinet, but the door was stuck. I kept trying. I started to pry at the door, scratching foam off everywhere. I wanted to find out what was going on.

Finally, I gave up, and sat down next to the Foam Cabinet. I started to cry in frustration. How could such a thing happen? Why were dreams so cruel?

After I got some tears out, I looked over at the Foam Cabinet. It didn't have any scratch marks anymore. I got up and tried once more to open it.

Inside was a pinecone.

Just a pinecone...

And for the rest of the week, I took that pinecone wherever I went.

My thoughts never ventured away from that guy, though.

He smelled just like that pinecone.

2 comments:

  1. this really makes me think alot. now i wanna know where my foam cabinet is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all need a Foam Cabinet.

    ReplyDelete

The Favored Posts of the General Public